Unplug your tv and open your Bible

Sonoma sunrise this morning

Below is an email from a friend in a panic about future and my response:

Dear Cathy:

I NEED TO TELL YOU:
Over the weekend I listened to Lou Dobbs, and Glenn Beck on CNN --
they agree with me 100% (or I agree with them) that the economy is going to TANK, and there is a possibility of Civil War on the Streets of the US -- whites against minorities, over the financial situation in America. All the citizens will be fighting the Government (and one another), but those with guns WIN. I am seriously considering buying a hand gun simply for protection. One economist said "in the not too distant future" that those with "guns will break into homes by gangs, rape and murder for possessions to sell on the black market just to pay bills, eat and buy gasoline!" He felt that "the military will have to come in and demand Marshall Law in the United States" another economist said "George W. Bush has borrowed trillions of dollars from China and Japan, and if those two countries wanted to pull-the-rug-out-from-under the United States, all they would have to do is call back the debts, and the US would collapse." These are very very serious things that could happen in our country. I don't think anyone I know has a clue as to how serious our situation is. If they do have a clue = they are putting her heads-in-the-sand. I am very frightened about it. I also want to plan for my family to be safe, if indeed, these things come to pass! You need to do the same! You can pray all that you want -- but, YOU need to keep your family in a position of safety against intruders. Food for thought:

MY RESPONSE:
Good morning,
Yes, I agree that it will get worse so I have a choice... to walk in fear or walk in faith.

Remember, the job of the mass media these days is to PROVOKE us to be afraid and panic so we will do something we may regret. UFOs are the latest scare tactic.

The best thing you can do is unplug your tv and open your Bible.

Over the years mostly as a single mom, I have been homeless, without food, and broke BUT whenever I humbled myself and looked to the Lord, He ALWAYS made a way, over and over again. When we put our trust in Him, He guides our steps because He is faithful. Worry is a sin. Philippians 4:6,7 says Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Love you, my friend!

Cathy


Philemon



Hebrews 1



Hebrews 2


No comments: