JESUS LOVE ME!
This morning I was reminded of a vision I had years ago during prayer: I was little and crawling on my hands and knees on the grass playing peak-a-boo with Jesus. We were laughing and having fun. Then he picked me up, looked into my eyes and said, "You thought you weren't wanted, but I always wanted you!"

Like me, Jesus wants you too and desires a close relationship - we simply need to turn to him. It is good to know that his mercies are new every morning, so on the way to work today, I began singing "Jesus loves me" and here are the words:

JESUS LOVES ME! (listen)
Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.

Refrain
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! This I know,
As He loved so long ago,
Taking children on His knee,
Saying, “Let them come to Me.”

Jesus loves me still today,
Walking with me on my way,
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.

Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.

Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.

Jesus loves me! Loves me still,
Though I’m very weak and ill,
That I might from sin be free
Bled and died upon the tree.

The Rev. Dr. Jacob Cham­ber­lain, who for ma­ny years has been work­ing among the Hin­dus, writes as fol­lows re­gard­ing this hymn, long one of the most pop­u­lar child­ren’s songs in the world: “Ma­ny years ago I trans­lat­ed in­to Tel­e­gu the child­ren’s hymn, ‘Je­sus loves me’ and taught it to the child­ren of our day-school. Scarce­ly a week lat­er, as I was go­ing through the nar­row streets of the na­tive town on horse­back, I heard sing­ing that sound­ed na­tur­al, down a side street. I stopped to list­en, cau­tious­ly draw­ing up to the cor­ner, where un­ob­served I could look down the street and see and hear. And there was a lit­tle hea­then boy, with hea­then men and wo­men stand­ing around him, sing­ing away at the top of his voice: ‘Je­sus loves me this I know…’ As he com­plet­ed the verse some one asked the quest­ion: ‘Son­ny, where did you learn that song?’ ‘Over at the Mis­sion­a­ry School,’ was the an­swer. ‘Who is that Je­sus, and what is the Bi­ble?’ ‘Oh! the Bi­ble is the book from God, they say, to teach us how to get to hea­ven, and Je­sus is the name of the di­vine Re­deem­er that came in­to the world to save us from our sins; that is what the mis­sion­ar­ies say.’ ‘Well, the song is a nice one. Come, sing us some more.’ And so the lit­tle boy went on—a hea­then himself, and sing­ing to the hea­then—about Je­sus and his love. ‘That is preach­ing the Gos­pel by proxy,’ I said to my­self, as I turned my po­ny and rode away, well sa­tis­fied to leave my lit­tle proxy to tell his in­ter­est­ed au­di­ence all he him­self knew, and sing to them over and over that sweet song of sal­va­tion.” (source)

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE...
Please read this powerful commentary: MARTIAL LAW: DRILLS, DRILLS & MORE DRILLS by Nancy Levant

No comments: