Listen to Amazing Grace
played on the bagpipe
HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT
Several years ago while on a mission trip to Scotland, our team was invited to attend the Edinburgh Military Tattoo which is held outdoors at the foot of the Edinburgh Castle. It was a wonderful experience and at the end, "the lone piper" played his song from the top of the castle. I love to hear bagpipes, especially when they play the familiar song, "Amazing Grace". This morning while praying for a friend, I was reminded of God's grace and encouraged with this passage in which Paul wrote:
"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Cor 12) As a disciple of Jesus Christ, may you too be blessed knowing that His grace is sufficient today and everyday!

No comments: