BIBLE STUDY
Last night, Maria & I taught a Bible study with some mentally ill people, one of which is her husband, Mohammed. We met at Mohammad's place - they are separated so Maria can have a more normal life until he gets better - and this is a large apartment building especially for these people, so more will maybe come next time. Anyway, a cool thing was that one of the guys, Rosano, said he prayed for 2 months for something like this! He told us that his father is an Italian Catholic and his mother is a Moslem, so he's not sure what the truth is. We read through John 18 which tells of when Jesus was betrayed and arrested - Rosano never heard any of this before. Most Moslems believe Jesus was just another prophet, so I asked him, "Do prophets ever lie?" He said, "No!" Then I said, "Jesus said that He was the Way, the Truth, and the Life and that no one could come to the Father except by Him. And Jesus said that He and the Father were One - He was all man and all God at the same time!" He listened to everything and really enjoyed reading the Bible. He has never read one. Then I shared my testimony of how God healed my mental problems and later saved me. It was great to see him so excited & he is happy we are coming back next week - so am I! THANK YOU, JESUS!

No comments: