Why is Jesus crying?
WAKE-UP CALL!
Today, I just read a very disturbing news article about a mother of three who had an abortion, but then was shocked to find out the head of her unborn baby had been left inside her! She said, "At midnight, my ex-partner knocked on the door to check if I was all right. ... I went to the bathroom and as I was sitting there, I just felt something slip out of me as if I had just given birth. I looked in the toilet and saw this lump that seemed to have a bone in it. So I showed it to my former partner." The couple realized they were looking at the face of their unborn child, seeing the eyes, nose, mouth and ears. The tiny head measured no more than 4 centimeters. "We just broke down and cried at what we were seeing. We couldn't believe it," she sobbed to the paper. "I phoned an ambulance and they took me to the hospital to make sure that no other parts were left inside of me. They said I could have died if it had stayed inside me." She was able to discuss the situation with the doctor who had performed her abortion. "He leaned over my bedside and said, 'I am so sorry. In all the procedures I've done, I've never come across this,'" she said. "He even tried to take the head away, but I said I wanted to keep it because we wanted to have a proper burial." Distraught, she is now seeking legal advice on what to do next. "I feel as if I'm going insane now; I can't just let this happen to me," she said. WHEN WILL WE WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT KILLING OUR UNBORN CHILDREN IS NOT THE ANSWER?? This is why Jesus is crying...
Exodus 23:7 says, "Keep far away from falsely charging anyone with evil. Never put an innocent or honest person to death. I will not allow anyone guilty of this to go free."
Deuteronomy 27:25 says, "Cursed is anyone who accepts payment to kill an innocent person."
Psalm 106:36-40 says, "They worshiped their idols, and this led to their downfall. They even sacrificed their sons and their daughters to the demons. They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters. By sacrificing them to the idols of Canaan, they polluted the land with murder. They defiled themselves by their evil deeds, and their love of idols was adultery in the LORD's sight. That is why the LORD's anger burned against his people, and he abhorred his own special possession."
Proverbs 6:16-19 says, "There are six things the LORD hates--no, seven things he detests: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that kill the innocent, a heart that plots evil, feet that race to do wrong, a false witness who pours out lies, a person who sows discord among brothers."
Jeremiah 22:3 says, "This is what the LORD says: Be fair-minded and just. Do what is right! Help those who have been robbed; rescue them from their oppressors. Quit your evil deeds! Do not mistreat foreigners, orphans, and widows. Stop murdering the innocent!"
Jeremiah 22:17 says, ""But you! You are full of selfish greed and dishonesty! You murder the innocent, oppress the poor, and reign ruthlessly."
Jeremiah 49:12 says, "And this is what the LORD says: "If the innocent must suffer, how much more must you! You will not go unpunished! You must drink this cup of judgment!"
Ezekiel 33:25 says, "Now give these people this message from the Sovereign LORD: You eat meat with blood in it, you worship idols, and you murder the innocent. Do you really think the land should be yours?"
Psalm 127:3-5 says, "Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior's hands. How happy is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates."
Matthew 19:13-15 says, “Some children were brought to Jesus so he could lay his hands on them and pray for them. The disciples told them not to bother him. But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." And he put his hands on their heads and blessed them before he left.

No comments: